Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Mixed Media Tutorial - Mini Art Journal

Hello Oddballs!!!!

Have you heard about our new "Technique A Week?"

Each week one of the lovely Oddball DT gals shares a new art technique...

Find all the details including how you can win FREE STAMPS on Angeliques blog HERE as she shares her Colorbursts Technique!

Today I am excited to share with you a mixed media technique to create a Mini Art Journal!


When I was first inspired to create this mini art journal I had a different design in mind which didn't use the ribbon or need any holes anywhere.   However about half way thru I decided I really wanted to use this Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon that I've been hoarding for years so I changed the design a little to incorporate it.   

Had I planned for the holes I would've used thinner cardboard making the covers able to go thru my hole punch.   As it was I used an electric drill atop a plank of wood to drill the holes thru both covers...... it worked!  Who knew?  lol  This new design also made the process of using 1 long sheet of paper for the inside pages moot. 




I have included all the files necessary to make the above journal as well as a blank template to design your own.  The 2 stamp files are ready to be printed on 6" x 6" paper to give you the same starting point that I used in the video or your can use the blank template to design your own front and back covers using any digital stamp or clip art of your choice.    You can download all 3 files here.... Template Download

I still want to try my original design idea so for my next Technique week which will be March 29th I will be back with another video to share my original art journal technique with you.

In the meantime you can check out any Techniques you may have missed in February.....

 Oddball DT Tina's fabulous Brusho Colors and Spray Starch Technique from February 8th & Troppostella's funky Airbrush technique from February 15th

Be sure to join Oddball DT Tina on March 15th for her "Bubble" technique & on March 22nd Oddball DT Penny will share her "Stencil" technique!

We hope you find the inspiration in our techniques to have fun and create something wonderful..... we hope you will join us over in the Oddball Art Stamps FB Group to share your creations and join in our Monthly Challenges!

Thanks for stopping by!
Lizzy xo





No comments: