Sunday, August 10, 2014

Looks To Kill


In case you missed this one on FB a couple of days ago here she is again, I can't even put into words how pleased I am with how she turned out!  This was my first time experimenting with my new Twinkling H2O's which I have up until now only admired from afar on Youtube and everytime I went into Michaels. Yes I am a bit on the cheap side so it wasn't until they finally went on clearance at my local Michaels that I finally got my chance to try them out! lol Unfortunately I was late to the clearance party and all they had left was 2 lonely packs luckily in 2 different color combos so I grabbed them both up for only $7 a piece YAY! for those that dont know that is down from $21.99 a piece previously before the sale!  

I really enjoyed working with the Twinkling H2o's and they were used the most in this piece however I also used gelatos, watercolor pencils, watersoluable Neocolors, gel pens, acrylic ink and Montana Paint markers (also acrylic), archival ink, iridescent medium, black embossing powder on the bats only and glossy accents for the eyeballs of the flowers and the eyes on the candy corn which I must say really finished this piece off nicely and made it pop in real life!  

With all the shimmering and iridescence going on in this piece the scan unfortunately doesn't do it much justice.  This piece was completed for a swap that I participated in recently, the theme was Halloween.  This mixed media painting is titled "Looks To Kill" and was painted on a 5x7 piece of mixed media art paper that I cut down to size using my pattern craft scissors.

I will be back to post I what I receive in return from my swap partner once I receive it.  I hope my partner likes what I made her, I totally fell in love with it and had a really hard time letting it go lol :)



No comments: