Sunday, July 14, 2013

2 Paintings + 1 Video

I created 2 new mini canvas's over the last couple of days.  They both started out with every intention of becoming Owl paintings however once I got going on them everything changed and they were speaking to me differently.   I think I should really stop going into paintings with any expectations at all because in the end they are just going to do what they want despite what my expectations for them are! lol


You may recognize the girl in this painting from a previous painting I did titled Pondering which caught on fire the very same day that I finished painting it!  When I started this painting below I had every intention of painting an owl so its not like I went into it intending on recreating this girl however once I finished the background there was just no way I could put an owl on it, it was just screaming at me "NO OWL!"  So I stared at it for a while waiting for a figure to appear in my mind and she appeared so clearly it was as if I had already painted her on this canvas!  I knew she would be reborn again somewhere in one of my paintings without me forcing it so I am glad that I waited and just let it happen because I am really happy with how this one turned out!



Traveler Adventurer Artist
4" x 4" x 1.5"
mixed media original




Sprinkle With Art
4" x 4" x 1.5"
mixed media original
In my Etsy Shop

I created a video of my process for this second painting.  Check it out below and I hope you enjoy!




Check out my Etsy Shop HERE!

No comments: