Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 24 ~ 29 Faces Challenge

Worlds End
15" x 11"
Watercolors on Watercolor Paper

As some of you may have already read in previous posts, I have been really itching lately to try my hand at watercolors.  I say try my hand at because I haven't messed around with watercolors since I was a little kid!   So I went out at the beginning of the week and bought everything I would need to get going at it and 2 nights ago I started my very first watercolor painting.  (lets just say first because I am not counting the ones I did as a little kid lol)    Last night I finished the painting I started and I will admit that it is certainly far from perfect!   However I do feel that I accomplished A LOT!  I found this to be an incredible learning experience and I think that they will only get better and better from here.  I called this piece Worlds End and I am giving it to my mother.  My mom has always loved watercolors and knowing that I promised her a watercolor painting when I set out on this venture and so I can only hope she likes it. lol  I have already started my second watercolor and I am looking forward to sharing it with you soon!

11 comments:

rosewendy said...

Water colours are my favourite painting style and this one is very beautiful.

Jenny said...

Lizzy, I love her... you have done a fabulous job... watercolors are so much fun... and I am sure your mom will love her...

Jenny x

Havok Designs said...

Beautiful job, Liz! Makes me really insecure about the one I'm working on ;) I'm sure your mom will love it! Congrats :)

MadScientistsDesigns said...

WOW! Great job! I love it.

Ana M.F. said...

I think you did an amazing job, I love it ♥

Unknown said...

Great job! Your girls have such personality!!

angelself said...

Fabulous, Lizzy!! Excellent work =)Kathryn

Magic Love Crow said...

I think she is beautiful and I think your mom will love her ;o)

Cameron said...

If this is your first....there is a lot of magic in store!!

Your Mom will just love this!

denthe said...

You did very well! Love her hair!

Geri said...

What a great face!