Monday, December 27, 2010

Let's Get Caught Up

Well Christmas has now past and the rush of trying to finish all those paintings and cards in time has finally come to an end.  Now to just get caught up and organized again before I try and get a head start on all my Valentines Day plans, which I have many of.

So this post is going to be a mixture, I have my last 2 cards from '12 Cards of Christmas' that I have yet to share as well as the painting that I did for my parents Christmas gift and the last mask magnet that I am going to be doing for now. (unless I magically sell out over night or something *Fingers Crossed*)

I was running out of time on Christmas Eve trying to finish everything up in one night so I needed to find away to get 2 birds stoned!  What I came up with was to give my husband and my parents the last 2 cards then I only need to paint 2 and not 4, Perfect! My parents card was done with a poker theme to match their painting and my husbands card was done with a cartoon Christmas version of his cat to match the painting of his cat that I did for him.  Both cards had the same thing written inside to give more meaning to the gift being handmade.  This is from 'The Grinch' and they read......

'And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so?  It came without ribbons.  It came without tags.  It came without packages, boxes or bags.  And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore.  Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. ...What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.  What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."







So that completes my Christmas project '12 Cards of Christmas', I very much enjoyed doing it & definately will be doing it again next year so stay tuned for that......

This next painting is titled 'Poker Pals' to be hung in my parents computer/poker room.


Poker Pals
36" x 12" x .5"
Acrylic on stretched canvas

Blue & Gray Mask Magnet
Polymer Clay and Acrylic Paint
4/4

 
Well that wraps up Christmas nice and neat, Thank God!!!!


No comments: