Monday, December 27, 2010

Art Cards and Why I Love Them.....

Lot's of ideas buzzing around my head and not enough time to get it all out, what ever is an artist to do? 

I have been exploring different avenues and ways to unleash my creativity out into the world and one thing that has really peeked my interest are ACEO's.  I went ahead and researched it to the fullest extent and completed my first one last night.  For those of you who might not know what ACEO means, this is the definition that I found from the most reliable source I know....... ACEO = Art Cards, Editions and Originals not to be confused with ATC = Artists Trading Cards and the only difference being that ACEO are sold and ATC are traded and NOT sold.  Both are 2.5" x 3.5" in size and made out of different paper types depending on the medium used which can be whatever it is the artist would like it to be. 

I was really inspired by this concept as I am one that has more creative ideas rushing around my head then I can ever manage to get out into the world so this is a great way for me to put more down on paper in a lesser amount of time.  As well, let's not forget that it makes a great, affordable way for people to start collecting my art that might not be able to afford a regular sized painting on stretched canvas.

I am currently working on a series titled 'A Love Story' and since the next big holiday that I will be preparing for in my shop is Valentines Day I decided to continue on with this series until I guess I run out of ideas.  So for my first set of ACEO's I have decided to do a collection of art cards within 'A Love Story' series also because I think that they will make wonderful Valentines Day gifts.  Slip one of these little beauties into a Valentines Day card and what a unique gift idea for any appreciater of art.

I am aware that art cards are sold in supply stores and all I would have to do is paint them.  But what fun would that be?  What I decided to do is make mine out of paper canvasette which is great with acrylics or oils, I am using acrylics.


'A Love Story' ACEO #1
2.5" x 3.5"
Acrylic on paper canvasette
Available for purchase HERE

This is only the first of many to come and I will be back to share each and every one as they come.


No comments: